Monday, November 24, 2008

My Fun Sunday Baking Afternoon. YUM!!!!

Yesterday I baked. I have not baked for at least 6 months. I made chocolate marshmallow with fudge frosting cookies, then sticky buns, and last of all pumpkin muffins. Oh my, have I gained 5 pounds in the matter of 24 hrs. Bob asked what was my deal, was the you know what coming or what???? I said that it is finally cold enough to turn on my oven without having to turn on the air conditioning, which will not happen until next summer. In our less than rich status we have done away with any kind of luxury items. I also needed to prove to myself that I can still bake really good. Like I said before I made pumpkin muffins, I got a recipe off the Internet. It was very yummy, but I am going to improve it. It called for a yellow cake mix, so now I am going to make the cake from scratch. I also have a pumpkin outside that is starting to get ripe, I am going to learn how to make it into pumpkin filling. I explained this to Bob and got an amazing response, blank stare and he shook his head in disbelief. I think I can really make pumpkin muffins from scratch. Once my pumpkin is ready I will let ya all know how it all came out of if I am truly crazy.

1 comment:

John said...

If you feel so guilty of eating all those delicious treats then feel free in sending them in a FedEx box to 721 Saddlebrook Dr S, Bedford Tx 76021. I love making deserts because you can screw up as often as you would with a meal. Especially when it comes to chocolate. I made a Triple chocolate layered, caramel marshmallow, and heath bar cake for Jessica's birthday. Needless to say a sliver of it when a long way.