Friday, March 6, 2009

The Gym

Over the last 3 months I have been working-out a lot. I have been doing 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I've been able to loose a lot of weight, but I'm stuck again in a slump. I have changed my workout, my eating habits, even took a couple days off. What to do, What to do. It might be the stress factor, so the only thing I can come up with to solve that is a trip to Kauai. So anyone out there that would like to help this fitness charity case please let me know if you could spread your charity upon myself, oh don't forget my trainer Bobby who has his foot in my back at 4:00 in the morning as my alarm goes off. And is quite happy to have 2 hours of quiet sleep (yes I snore).

Any tips I'm game.

1 comment:

John said...

Three months is just about the same time I hit my slump, and didn’t know what to do. I had been doing lots of weight lifting and then some aerobic. This frustrated me, because like you, I’d spend 1 -2 hours working out and getting slow results. I read books, and articles on the internet, and they all pointed to my routine, and diet. We have this crazy thing in our family that makes working out a pain in the butt. On dads side we’re very stalky and enjoy keeping things in our mid section. On Moms side we have thunder thighs and love to hold food storage in that area (Butts included) and in our lovely round face. So I gave up on heavy lifting and protein because I had the muscle mass I needed already from Dad’s side. So I do a lot of ab workouts, working on that mid section by doing power routines. I have a list of 15 workouts that I do, 10 reps each 3 times, and no breaks. So I do the first routine twice, and after the second routine I do the next and so on. So I rotate through all my routines working on my core, and toning of major body groups. 5 pounds were dropped the first two weeks. The rest of the I spend doing aerobic workouts focusing on burning as much as I can. I do spinning all the stink’n time, because in 60 mins I can burn 700 cals., tone my legs, work on my abs, and it’s a low impact exercise. If you do 30% weights, and 70% aerobic exercise, 20 bucks you’ll see a difference. I’ve read that you should change your workout routine every 2-3 months or you become stagnant. Also remember that muscle gained from weight lifting weights more than muscle gained from aerobic. If you see change, but don’t see any change to the scale then start looking at your body fat percentage. I started at 26% and now I’m down to 15%, but I’ve only lost 15 pounds. My goal is 7%, but I might only loose 5 or 10 more pounds. Not a huge leap, but Olympic athletes are 5-7% body fat. I know this is a lot and I hope I didn’t confuse you. By the way, I passed my audition to be a cycle instructor at 24 hour Fit. Free membership, and pay all to just workout. Love it!