Thursday, December 4, 2008

Identity Theft

Yes, I am a victim of Identity Theft. AHHHHH!!!! It all started when I got back from my wonderful vacation in the mountains. As I was going thru the mail there was a package from Proactive Solution. I was bewildered as I opened it thinking why am I getting this? No one in our family has acne. As I read the invoice it said that they had charged my credit card 27.78 and on the 22nd of Dec they would send out another kit and charge my card again. I was frustrated because I couldn't understand why they would go and send me stuff and assume that I wanted it. Well it gets better. I called them this morning telling them that I didn't want it. The lady was confused, she said they why did you order it. I said I didn't. She said that it was ordered on line on the 24th of Nov. So then I got worried and looked at my account on line. There were 6 other charges from some strange company for all different amounts. So I call my wonderful Bank of America, they blocked my credit card and after an hour of being transferred I was able to put in a fraud report.

So here the lesson to my story. When you get a proactive box in the mail don't wait a couple of days to realize that your getting riped off from someone else.

In the end they refunded me the money and I have a new card coming in the mail.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow that sucks. At least everything worked out in the end. I hate when stuff like that happens because you don't know what the out come of it will be. I remember my bank couldn't find the $800.00 we deposited in the ATM. Took a lot of calls, and finally they found the money a month later.