Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Joy of the Holidays

As a very stressful day ended and we were setting in for the night I noticed that our neighbor had put up there Christmas lights and the other neighbor had there tree up. As I stood there looking thru the window I felt a rush of happy. I am really looking forward to the holidays this year and the fact that the kids are getting older. It is very different to celebrate the holidays with older kids then it was when they were little. The presents are more thought out and they are interested in what I need.

This Thursday our community is putting on a Christmas cookie exchange and contest. I think it will be fun to join in. I love making Christmas cookies, but most of all my girls love to make them also. I think about when I was going up and helping my Mom make cookies. Then we would spend the evening frosting them, put them on a Christmas paper plate with colored scran wrap with a bow and label. We would then deliver them to all of our friends and neighbors. Since we live in a very small community, I think that the cookie exchange is perfect for our family.

I have also been thinking of what we will be doing for our charity project this year. This is hard since we don't have a lot of money, so that means that I have to get creative. I'm not that good of being creative but if forced I seem to do fine. And maybe that is what I need a little push to step out of my box. Hum I will have to think about that.

2 comments:

engineergirl said...

I love Christmas too, but sometimes it makes me sad because I think there's only 23 more days until Christmas and then it will be all over! (I know sometimes I am a glass half empty kinda girl.)But I love the spirit of The season and even though this year is really lean for most of us, I think years like this can be the best with the best memories!

R3Monkeys said...

Well it is confession time. I cheated last night and started decorating. I know Sonoma's birthday isn't until Monday, but I couldn't help myself. What is really bad is I roped her into helping me decorate. We did everything we could excluding the tree, which I would love to get this weekend. :)